Recipe by zoe,owen,andliams mommy
Top Review by partysweets
These are by far the best carrot muffins I've ever had. I doubled the recipe and it made 25 muffins. I sprayed my pan with baking spray and every one of them released perfectly. I used both cinnamon and nutmeg because I love both. I used walnut and in half the batter I added raisins. We loved them both ways. I shredded my carrots with my Vitamix so I made 3 packed cups and it was perfect. I can't wait to make them again. My kids (4 and 1) couldn't get enough of them and they contained veggies! I'm going to sub in some whole wheat flour next time just to see if you can even tell. Thanks so much for this recipe - it's a keeper!
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated carrots (about 2 carrots)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional) or 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray muffin tins, or use liners, and set aside. Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat.
- 2. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer or a whisk to beat the eggs and sugar, about 2 minutes. Add the milk, melted butter, and carrots and mix well. Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon (if desired), and salt over the egg mixture and stir until smooth. Gently fold in the nuts (if desired).
- 3. Spoon about 1/4 cup batter into each muffin cup. Bake on the middle shelf for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.