Recipe by Bec
My grandma Lorraine Stromgren would listen to WCCO Radio's Joyce Lamont as she broadcasted a daily recipe. My grandma would sit by the radio with pencil in hand to write down those recipe favorites! A cookbook was published in 1979 after 10 years of recipes being broadcasted. Of over 2,000 recipes that had been broadcasted, the cookbook has the recipes that were the listeners' favorites.
Top Review by emidelle2002
I was very careful to follow everything on this recipe as I have been trying to find the best Carrot Muffin recipe for a long time. My husband is a huge fan of Carrot Muffins. While reading this recipe, I thought that there's not enough sugar but I tried it anyway. Both my husband and I thought the muffins were bland. Perhaps, it was mistyped?
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder (3 teaspoons)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup grated raw carrot
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a bowl- Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine carrots, milk, chopped nuts, oil, beaten egg and grated orange peel.
- Add the carrot mixture all at once to the dry ingredients, mixing just until flour mixture is moistened.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin cups, filling each about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 425 degrees.