Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My grandma Lorraine Stromgren would listen to WCCO Radio's Joyce Lamont as she broadcasted a daily recipe. My grandma would sit by the radio with pencil in hand to write down those recipe favorites! A cookbook was published in 1979 after 10 years of recipes being broadcasted. Of over 2,000 recipes that had been broadcasted, the cookbook has the recipes that were the listeners' favorites.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder (3 teaspoons)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup grated raw carrot
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a bowl- Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine carrots, milk, chopped nuts, oil, beaten egg and grated orange peel.
- Add the carrot mixture all at once to the dry ingredients, mixing just until flour mixture is moistened.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin cups, filling each about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 425 degrees.
I was very careful to follow everything on this recipe as I have been trying to find the best Carrot Muffin recipe for a long time. My husband is a huge fan of Carrot Muffins. While reading this recipe, I thought that there's not enough sugar but I tried it anyway. Both my husband and I thought the muffins were bland. Perhaps, it was mistyped?