Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This cake is even better if baked a day ahead, wrapped and refrigerated, then frosted the following day. This is an amazing carrot cake! Although I have only baked this in two cake pans, I'm sure it would be just as good baked in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
Top Review by waynejohn1234
Thanks for another wonderful cake. Have many carrot cake recipes but for me this one is even better - thanks to my favorite jam, marmalade. Suggest to others that good quality jam does make a difference. Certainly better after it ripens for a day or two.
- 473.18 ml flour
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4 large eggs
- 177.44 ml vegetable oil
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 158.51 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml orange marmalade
- 118.29 ml orange juice
- 709.77 ml grated carrots (lightly packed)
- 236.59 ml chopped toasted walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees (oven rack to secon-lowest position).
- Butter and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
- In a medium bowl sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In another bowl beat eggs, oil, vanilla, both sugars, marmalade and orange juice until well blended (about 3 minutes).
- Stir in the dry ingredients with a wooden spoon; mix to combine well.
- Fold in the carrots and nuts.
- Divide the batter between the two pans.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes, or until the cakes test done.
- Transfer the cakes to racks and cool for about 15 minutes.
- Turn out the cakes onto racks to cool completely.
- Frost the cooled cake with favorite frosting.