This cake is even better if baked a day ahead, wrapped and refrigerated, then frosted the following day. This is an amazing carrot cake! Although I have only baked this in two cake pans, I'm sure it would be just as good baked in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml flour
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4 large eggs
- 177.44 ml vegetable oil
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 158.51 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml orange marmalade
- 118.29 ml orange juice
- 709.77 ml grated carrots (lightly packed)
- 236.59 ml chopped toasted walnuts
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees (oven rack to secon-lowest position).
- 2Butter and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
- 3In a medium bowl sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- 4In another bowl beat eggs, oil, vanilla, both sugars, marmalade and orange juice until well blended (about 3 minutes).
- 5Stir in the dry ingredients with a wooden spoon; mix to combine well.
- 6Fold in the carrots and nuts.
- 7Divide the batter between the two pans.
- 8Bake for about 40-45 minutes, or until the cakes test done.
- 9Transfer the cakes to racks and cool for about 15 minutes.
- 10Turn out the cakes onto racks to cool completely.
- 11Frost the cooled cake with favorite frosting.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot Marmalade Layer Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1730 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2586.8
- Calories from Fat 1184
- Total Fat 131.6 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 423.0 mg
- Sodium 2535.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 329.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.8 g
- Sugars 209.4 g
- Protein 36.7 g