Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 2 cups carrots (including rind) or 1 -2 orange, ground (including rind)
- 2 lemons, ground (including rind)
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups sugar
- Squeeze the oranges and lemons, save juice.
- Grind the rinds and cook until tender (about 30 minutes) in water to cover.
- Add carrots and cook until tender (about 20 minutes).
- Add orange and lemon juice.
- Measure mixture and add equal amount of water for each cup of mixture.
- Then add 1/2 cup sugar for each cup of all that mixture.
- Boil to jelly stage, about 1 hour, stirring often to keep from scorching.