Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Company's Coming. I can't wait to try this one! Prep time doesn't include letting stand overnight.
- 6 cups grated carrots, about 2 lbs
- 1 1⁄2 lemons, with peel, seeded and ground
- 1 1⁄2 oranges, with peel, seeded and ground
- 1 cup canned crushed pineapple, with juice
- 6 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄3 cup chopped maraschino cherry
- Mix first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Cover and let stand overnight on counter.
- Transfer to a large saucepan. Bring to a boil pver medium heat, stirring frequently. Boil rapidly for 3 minutes without stirring.
- Add cherries; stir.
- Pour into hot sterilized half pint jars to within 1/4 inch of the top. Place sterilized metal lids on jars and screw metal bands on securely. For added assurance against spoilage, you may choose to process in boiling water bath for 5 minutes.