Top Review by BrendaThurston67
I was chosen to make something special to bring into work for the boss' retirement party, so I chose this. I got rave reviews and lots of compliments on this and when I finally grabbed a piece, I could see what they were talking about. It was amazing! I did chop some nuts in the blender and add them to the crust before making it. Truly enjoyed!
- 1 1⁄3 cups graham crackers (12 cookies)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, Melted
- 2 cups carrots, Shredded (3-4)
- 3 (250 g) packages light cream cheese, room temp
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup water (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, Shredded (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- CRUST: Combine ingredients; mix well.
- Press into 9 inch springform pan. Bake in preheated 350 F oven for 10 minutes.
- FILLING: Simmer shredded carrots in water to cover for 5 minutes. Drain and remove excess liquid.
- In food processor combine carrots, cream cheese, sugar and maple syrup, process until completely smooth and evenly colored.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and mix until just blended.
- Pour onto crumb crust and bake at 300 F for 45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool to room temperature. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. .
- OPTIONAL GARNISH: In small saucepan simmer water with sugar for 5 minutesAdd shredded carrots and simmer 5 minutes. Drain well and scatter on top of chilled cheesecake.