Prep 23 mins
Cook 7 mins
Very tasty! Its a part of the magazine recipe collection I received as a gift last month from India.
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 slices bread
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 1⁄2 cm cinnamon sticks
- 2 cardamoms
- 1 clove
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, powdered
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1⁄2 cup glace cherries
- 3 -5 sprigs mint leaves
- Put butter and carrots in a bowl.
- Cook on HIGH for 1 minute.
- Trim the crust of the bread slices.
- Soak the slices in milk.
- Powder the dry spices together.
- Beat the eggs and sugar well.
- Add the bread slices and blend well until smooth.
- Add all the spices and ginger.
- Stir in the cooked carrots.
- Bake in a greased baking dish on HIGH for 5-6 minutes.
- Serve, garnished with glazed cherries and mint leaves!