This is a different way to fix carrots! It's very tasty and savory, rather than the usual sweet dishes. It takes a little extra time to grate the carrots, but this dish is very easy to make, so it's worth it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Place the egg yolks, milk, salt and seasonings in a bowl and mix well.
- 3Stir in the grated carrots, cracker crumbs and onion.
- 4Beat the egg whites (make sure they are at room temperature!) and fold into the carrot mixture.
- 5Pour the mixture into a buttered casserole dish or 5x9x2-inch loaf pan.
- 6Lay the bacon strips over the top of the carrot mixture.
- 7Bake for 45 minutes or until center is done and a wooden toothpick comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.8
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 84.1 mg
- Sodium 521.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 6.9 g