Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
Try this as an entree with mashed or roasted potatoes on the side. The origin clipping said to try it sliced as a sandwich filling too. I think this was originally a Cooking Light recipe.
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups vertically sliced onions
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 cups cooked lentils
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup garlic and herb-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Steam carrot, covered, 15 minutes or until tender.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and ginger; saute 7 minutes or until golden.
- Combine the carrot, onion mixture, lentils, and the next 4 ingredients (lentils through egg) in a food processor, and process until smooth. Combine carrot mixture, oats, breadcrumbs, walnuts, and salt in a large bowl. Spoon mixture into an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.