Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Delicious, quick n easy soup
Make and share this Carrot, Lentil & Ginger Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 liters chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 1⁄4 kg carrots, peeled & chopped
- 1⁄2 medium zucchini
- 1 cup almond milk or 1 cup cow's milk
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 inches ginger, peeled n diced
- 5 garlic cloves, diced
- 4 bay leaves
- 5 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried chili
- 280 g split red lentils, rinsed
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- Saute onion, ginger n garlic in 2 tsp olive oil adding spices. Cook till tender about 5 minutes Add remainder ingredients and cook until carrots and lentils are tender (approx 30 mins).
- Puree in blender in batches.
- Return to pot heat through and serve.