Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These are a nice change from regular potato pancakes, I have even made miniatures of these and served them as hors d'oeuvres to my guests, and they freeze very well.
Top Review by eatrealfood
I made these for my tot, but DH and I were eating them as they were coming out the pan. So good. I added a few garlic cloves and used Braggs seasoning salt. I had an onion already diced so didn't grate it. [The following is meant really as note to myself for the future (as I WILL be making these again since I always have an abundance of organic carrots): I thought the mixture was too "tight" and added an extra egg to make it more wet and "droppable" consistency - it will still good, but I prefer the recipe as is and won't fiddle with the quantities next time.]
- 6 medium carrots, peeled
- 1 medium onion
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3⁄4-1 teaspoon salt (I use seasoned salt)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate carrots with onion.
- Squeeze out excess moisture.
- Mix flour with baking powder and salt.
- Add beaten eggs and flour to grated carrot/onion mixture.
- Mix well.
- Heat oil in frypan.
- Drop carrot mixture from a large spoon into hot oil and flatten slightly with back of spoon.
- Brown on medium heat about 2-3 mins on each side until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Note: these pancakes freeze well.