These are a nice change from regular potato pancakes, I have even made miniatures of these and served them as hors d'oeuvres to my guests, and they freeze very well.
- Grate carrots with onion.
- Squeeze out excess moisture.
- Mix flour with baking powder and salt.
- Add beaten eggs and flour to grated carrot/onion mixture.
- Mix well.
- Heat oil in frypan.
- Drop carrot mixture from a large spoon into hot oil and flatten slightly with back of spoon.
- Brown on medium heat about 2-3 mins on each side until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Note: these pancakes freeze well.