Recipe by Outta Here
A tasty twist on an old favorite. Serve with pita chips, vegetable sticks or crackers. Cook time is chill time.
- 1 cup carrot, chopped (no need to peel)
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained (chickpeas)
- 1⁄4 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and quartered
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin (or more to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan with a lid, cook carrots in boiling water for 6 to 8 minutes or until tender; drain.
- In a food processor, combine cooked carrots, beans, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, cumin and salt. Cover and process until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides a couple of times. Transfer to a small bowl and stir in parsley.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- (If too thick, stir in water, 1 tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached).
- Serve with suggested dippers.