Prep 8 mins
Cook 10 mins
A neighbour gave me a few and included the recipe for it. She knows I like to bake and thought I would like them
- Preheat oven to 350f.
- Blend butter with brown sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in egg.
- Stir in vanilla,carrot and coconut.
- Add flour, baking powder,salt , cinnamon.nutmeg and cloves.
- Stir in raisins and pecans.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and drop large spoonfuls of dough onto the sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes until brown.
Awesome little cookie! DH took one bite and said "mmmmm, a healthy cookie too!". I didn't have the heart to tell him about the half cup of butter... LOL! I made these exactly as written except I had to leave out the nuts. I did use a cookie scoop and they came out beautifully round and tall. I like that you can see and taste the carrot. YUM! Thanks for posting, Big Bad Brenda! Made for ZWT8 Family Picks.
What a great biscuit -- and healthy too! Made exactly as written. A real treat. Thanks for posting.
These were very good cakey cookies. I used a brown sugar alternative and the lovely spice of the cookies helped to disguise the fake sugar. Made for ZWT6.