Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Even carrot haters love this dish!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs carrots, peeled and sliced or 1 (20 ounce) bagfrozen sliced carrots, thawed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons grated onions
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons buttered bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a saucepan, cook carrots just until crisp-tender, drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
- Place carrots in a 1-1/2 quart baking dish.
- Combine mayonnaise, onion, horseradish with reserved cooking liquid and spread evenly over carrots.
- Sprinkle with cheese, top with breadcrumbs and bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
This was very interesting dish. Actually everyone who had it loved it! I would make this again for something totally different and very yummy! I used ritz crackers instead of the bread crumbs. This is a great recipe.
Well, since we really HATE cooked carrotts and my husband and i not only ate it, but he said he would go back for seconds, i guess its a HIT! thanks!
This was a totally unexpected experience; very good too! The combination of ingredients reminded my husband and myself of a tartar sauce and I never would have thought of using this type of sauce in a carrot dish, but it works very well! Thanks for sharing this recipe Lorac. We'll be using this often in the future. I may try this with some other strong flavored vegetables like brussel sprouts or broccoli.