Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this recipe from my friend it is quick and easy and everyone loves it. We have it monthly or more in our house.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 quart tomato juice
- 4 cups water
- 2 1⁄2 cups carrots, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon marjoram
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cans cream of celery soup
- 1 lb ground beef, browned
- Put all ingredients in crockpot or stock pot.
- Cook in crockpot on low all day or in stock pot 1 hour or more till veggies are tender.
- Add water as necessary to reach desired thickness.
I could eat this 3 times a week! It is so darn good! And full of vitamins too. It goes well served over white rice =)
This was a nice, satisfying soup....once I remembered to put the celery soup in!!! I can't eat green peppers, so I added more celery and zucchini. To thicken it up a bit, I added some barley. I would do this recipe again