1/1 Photo of Carrot Halwa
The more you make of this, the less it will be for your family or guests...it is so yummy, that you don't mind gobbling it all up at once! Its an Indian sweet, generally made 'n enjoyed in North India. A family favourite! I love this especially in the cold winter months!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and grate carrots.
- 2Put milk and carrots in a heavy saucepan.
- 3Boil till thick, stirring occasionally.
- 4Once it starts thickening, stir continuously.
- 5Add sugar and cook further till thickens.
- 6Add ghee, elaichi, saffron and colour.
- 7Stir on low heat till the mixture collects in a soft ball or the ghee oozes out.
- 8Serve hot, decorated with a chopped almond or pista.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot Halwa
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.1
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 13.8 mg
- Sodium 80.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 24.8 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: