The more you make of this, the less it will be for your family or guests...it is so yummy, that you don't mind gobbling it all up at once! Its an Indian sweet, generally made 'n enjoyed in North India. A family favourite! I love this especially in the cold winter months!
- Peel and grate carrots.
- Put milk and carrots in a heavy saucepan.
- Boil till thick, stirring occasionally.
- Once it starts thickening, stir continuously.
- Add sugar and cook further till thickens.
- Add ghee, elaichi, saffron and colour.
- Stir on low heat till the mixture collects in a soft ball or the ghee oozes out.
- Serve hot, decorated with a chopped almond or pista.