1 hr 20 mins
This unique Indian dessert was found in the cookbook, Vancouver Entertains.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- 2Spread almonds and pistachio nuts in separate shallow baking pans and toast in oven for 5 to 10 minutes, turning once; remove and cool.
- 3Heat butter in a saucepan.
- 4Add carrots; cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- 5Scald milk in another saucepan; add milk to carrots and cook for 40 minutes, stirring frequently, until milk is absorbed.
- 6Add sugar and cook for an additional 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 7Remove from heat.
- 8Add almonds, and raisins if you're using them.
- 9Spread carrot mixture on a large platter and shape into a mound; decorate surface with pistachio nuts.
- 10Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutritional Facts for Carrot Halva
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 287.9
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 33.5 mg
- Sodium 182.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 19.4 g
- Protein 5.9 g