Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This sandwich was part of the Tea we enjoyed at the Empress Hotel in Victoria, BC. I've not been able to find "sweet ginger paste" in this country, so I just grate some fresh ginger and sweeten it.
- 2 grated carrots
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sweet ginger paste
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices whole grain bread or 4 slices light rye bread
- 4 teaspoons butter
- Blend grated carrots, cream cheese, mayo, and ginger paste (if desired); add salt and peper to taste.
- Butter all four pieces of bread; place carrot mixture onto one slice; put other piece of buttered bread on top.
- Cut off the crusts and cut to preferred size.