Recipe by JoJoStar
This is a wonderful dressing. I like to buy the coleslaw mix in the bags and add this delicious dressing. Also great on any leafy salad greens. From a 2001 recipe in Gourmet Magazine, slightly modified. Dressing keeps, covered and chilled, 1 week.
Top Review by ninti
I made something similar to this except I didn't use vegetable oil, just sesame oil and I didn't have any fresh ginger, so I used ground ginger and added fresh garlic and a bit of sugar. It tastes great on plain lettuce or on steamed broccoli! Mmmmm
- 1⁄2 lb carrot, coarsely chopped (3 medium)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 cup chopped shallot
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Pulse carrots in a blender until almost pureed.
- Add chopped ginger, chopped shallots, rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, and salt.
- Pulse until ginger and carrots are minced.
- With motor running, add vegetable oil in a slow stream.
- Add 1/4 cup of water and blend until smooth, 2-3 minutes.
- Thin dressing with additional water if desired.