This is a wonderful dressing. I like to buy the coleslaw mix in the bags and add this delicious dressing. Also great on any leafy salad greens. From a 2001 recipe in Gourmet Magazine, slightly modified. Dressing keeps, covered and chilled, 1 week.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pulse carrots in a blender until almost pureed.
- 2Add chopped ginger, chopped shallots, rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, and salt.
- 3Pulse until ginger and carrots are minced.
- 4With motor running, add vegetable oil in a slow stream.
- 5Add 1/4 cup of water and blend until smooth, 2-3 minutes.
- 6Thin dressing with additional water if desired.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot Ginger Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (492 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 617.9
- Calories from Fat 555
- Total Fat 61.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 731.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
seasoned rice vinegar