Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A cupcake with just the right amount of spice. Toast walnuts in the microwave for easier prep. Spread evenly on microwaveable dish, and heat on high for 2 minutes. Stir and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes, stirring after each minute until lightly browned.
- 1 (16 ounce) package poundcake mix
- 3⁄4 cup water or 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs or 4 egg whites
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 tablespoon ginger, ground
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 1⁄2 cup walnut pieces, toasted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare cake batter as directed on package using water/milk and 2 eggs.
- Stir in carrots, ginger, 3/4 t. cinnamon and walnuts.
- Spoon batter into 24 paper lined muffin cups.
- Bake 15 minutes or until toothpick comes clean.
- Beat cream cheese in medium bowl with wire whisk until smooth.
- Gently stir in whipped topping.
- Spread with reserved 1/4 t. cinnamon.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Excellent little recipe!! I made with all the ingredients stated but did adjust amounts slightly. I added a little more carrot, ginger and cinnamon to the recipe, just my preference not because there was any thing wrong with recipe amounts listed. I also had to change the cream cheese frosting a bit as we can not get cool whip here, I just used double cream and confectioners sugar mixed with the cream cheese. I had to fight my hubby and son off of these last night, as I wanted to take them to a family gathering today and if I had let them go I would have had none left.. Everyone said how light they were and not overly sweet which we love. This is such a quick recipe to throw together and they taste wonderful with or without the frosting.. Although I love them with but then I love cream cheese frosting.. Cheers CoffeB for a great cupcake recipe that will be enjoyed often in our house. :)