A cupcake with just the right amount of spice. Toast walnuts in the microwave for easier prep. Spread evenly on microwaveable dish, and heat on high for 2 minutes. Stir and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes, stirring after each minute until lightly browned.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare cake batter as directed on package using water/milk and 2 eggs.
- Stir in carrots, ginger, 3/4 t. cinnamon and walnuts.
- Spoon batter into 24 paper lined muffin cups.
- Bake 15 minutes or until toothpick comes clean.
- Beat cream cheese in medium bowl with wire whisk until smooth.
- Gently stir in whipped topping.
- Spread with reserved 1/4 t. cinnamon.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.