Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Full of anti-oxidant rich ingredients. From Alternative Medicine Magazine.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs raw carrots (peeled and washed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 7 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 1 cup dry white wine (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cashew nuts (unsalted and either raw or dry-roasted)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (oj may be substituted)
- 1 pinch curry (to taste) or 1 pinch coriander powder (to taste)
- salt and pepper
- fresh chives (to garnish) or fresh parsley (to garnish)
- Peel and cut carrots into 1/2 inch pieces, place oil or butter in large stock pot over medium heat. Add onion, ginger, and garlic, saute for about 15 minute Add broth, carrots, and (if using) wine. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered over medium heat until carrots are tender (about 45 min). Putee in blender with cashews. Season with juice, currey, coriander, salt, and pepper, as desired. Serve hot or cold.