Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This came from Recipes Old And New Tried And True Commemorating The Restoration Of The Old Nacogdoches University Building 1845. I haven't tried this, posting for safe keeping.
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated carrots
- 3 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon flavoring
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Cook carrots, sugar, milk and water to soft ball stage (234-238) remove from fire.
- Add flavoring, cool to room temperature, then beat until creamy.
- Pour into buttered pan, pat down to 1"-inch depth when firm cut in squares.