1 hr 10 mins
Nana Lee's Note:
I've revised a recipe I recently posted to make it a fruit/veggie soup in vegetarian/vegan style. Pre-peeled baby carrots make this soup super-easy. This is a takeoff on a recipe I found on Epicurious-Bon Appétit December 2005
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 6 large fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 small bay leaves
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1 chopped celery
- 2 (1 lb) bags peeled baby carrots
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth or 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 small cantaloupe (muskmelon)
- 10 coarse chopped strawberries
- ground cinnamon or cinnamon stick
- 1Melt butter in large pot over medium-high heat.
- 2Add onion, thyme, bay leaves, and garlic.
- 3Sauté until onion softens, about 5 minutes.
- 4Add carrots, tomato, celery, and broth.
- 5Bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until carrots are very tender, about 30 minutes.
- 6Add fruit last 10 minutes of cooking.
- 7Remove and discard thyme sprigs and bay leaves.
- 8Working in small batches, puree soup in blender until very smooth; return to same pot.
- 9Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead.
- 10Cool slightly, cover, and chill.
- 11Rewarm over low heat before continuing.
- 12Ladle soup into bowls.
- 13Sprinkle with ground cinnamon or float cinnamon stick on soup.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot/Fruit Soup Sans Star Anise
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.7
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 220.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh thyme sprigs