Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are really tasty as a side with seared scallops or chicken. They are also good made into a smaller version to have with drinks.
- 125 g plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove crushed garlic (optional)
- 75 g plain flour
- 125 ml soda water
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 small red chili pepper, with seeds removed and finely chopped
- 235 g grated carrots
- 8 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1⁄2 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 60 ml olive oil
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- Yoghurt Dressing- Combine all ingredients together and whisk well with salt& pepper Carrot Fritter- Place the flour, soda water, egg, cumin, coriander, turmeric and 1 teaspoon of sea salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the chili, carrot and spring onion and coriander and stir to combine.
- Heat a fry pan over medium high heat and add the oil heat until hot.
- Add 2 tablespoons of batter per fritter and cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Add extra oil if needed.
- When complete serve with Yoghurt dressing on top.
I served these on Sunday but forgot to review them - duh! Everyone loved them, even the rampant meat eaters who wouldn't touch veges as starters even if their lives depended on it. The chilli gave the fritters a lift (but wasn't too strong), I served these as little tiny starter fritters with some sparkling wine. Thanks!