Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A quick and surprisingly tasty recipe I picked up somewhere, with a few adaptations. It's a neat side dish (although we tend to just gobble them up as they're done...). We like these with a little barbeque sauce or soy sauce for dipping.
- 3 cups coarsely grated carrots
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup water
- almond oil or peanut oil (for frying)
- Mix the carrots, flour, herbs, salt and baking powder together thoroughly.
- Gradually add the water to form a thick batter.
- Heat one inch of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Drop the carrot batter into the skillet by teaspoons and fry until slightly crisped (about 30 seconds), flipping once.
- Drain on a paper towel.
- Serve warm.
Hey, this is a "good news recipe" in my book! Carrots are not the most exciting veggie, and a new way of preparing it is always welcome! This is a keeper -- thanks, Courtney!