Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a Pampas recipe, posting here for safe-keeping!
- 8 sheets phyllo pastry, thawed
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 250 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup spring onion, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- ground black pepper
- Brush every second sheet of pastry with oil. Layer the pastry in a lightly greased 20cm deep fluted quiche tin.
- Arrange carrot cheese, bacon & shallots in the pastry.
- Beat together eggs, milk, basil & pepper & carefully pour over the filling ingredients in the pastry case.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 60 mins or until mixture is set.
- Can be served hot or cold but not recommended to freeze.