Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Meals in Heels
- 10 1⁄2 fluid ounces cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon flaked sea salt
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar (superfine)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 carrots, finely diced
- 1 jalapenos or 1 small green chili, thickly sliced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- Place the vinegar, salt, sugar, oregano and 75 ml/2 fl oz/1/4 cup water in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar, and bring to the boil.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook for 2 minutes. Pour into a bowl and cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve cold or at room temperature.
I thought as I was making this that the oregano would be over powering however it wasn't in the end. These are quite spicy and sour and likely good as a small addition to a big meal. If I were to make these again I would halve the recipe as no one wanted more than a spoonful or so in one meal and this recipe makes quite a bit. I would also use the food processor to cut the carrots thinner.