Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious, nutritious, simple and light! Great for vegans and vegetarians who are looking for something a little different in the salad department. I buy a small bag of carrots and shred them myself using a food processor for the freshest taste, but you could try using pre-shredded carrots too.
- 4 cups of shredded carrots
- 1⁄2 of shelled edamame
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (soak in hot water if too dry)
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1. Combine the carrots, edamame and raisins in a medium sized bowl.
- 2. Combine ingredients for the dressing and let sit until the sugar dissolves.
- 3. Add the dressing to the carrot mixture.
- 4. Let sit for 30 minutes in the refridgerator before serving to allow the flavors to mingle. Serve chilled.
Daaag! Who'd have ever thought to put carrots, edamame, and raisins together?! And even more importantly, who'd have ever thought it would actually be good?! I made this salad for a potluck that was attended by vegetarians and omnivores alike, and it was enjoyed equally and thoroughly by both groups. I very much appreciated the simplicity of the flavors (as well as the simplicity of the preparation). Delicious and nutritious!