I found in jewishfood-list.com and they are very tasty. I didn't make the frosting but the original recipe calls for it.
- 2 cups carrots, grated
- 1 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine the butter and the two sugars in a large mixer bowl.Beat until creamy (2 - 3 minutes).Add eggs and vanilla. Add flour, baking soda, salt and cinammon. Stir in pecans and carrots.
- Drop dough by tablespoonsfuls onto greased cookie sheets. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Let them cool completely.
- Meanwhile beat the powdered sugar with the butter, cream sheese and vanilla until creamy.
- Frost each cooled cookie with 2 teaspoonfuls frosting.
FANTASTIC! I was pressed for time, so I took reviewer Color Caurd Mom's suggestion and made this into bar cookies (10"x15" pan, 20 minutes). They came out perfect! I haven't frosted them yet, just been diving into the plain bars... I can only imagine how heavenly they'll be when I get around to making the frosting, though they don't really need it. Next time, I may use a bit less sugar as they were a little sweet for my taste, but other than that I wouldn't change a thing. Thanks for sharing!!
Everyone at work LOVED these cookies. One of the bosses even said I can make them every day - talk about job security! LOL Thanks for the wonderful recipe. Adding this to say, I didn't have time to make into cookies this morning, so I put it in a 10 x 15 inch pan and baked for 20 minutes. Allowed it to cool and then frosted. Absolutely WONDERFUL!!
I wish my battery wasn't dead on the camera. I'd have loved to take a picture of these. I made them with the frosting and the family ate them up. Kind of like mini carrot cake cookies. Really cool and different. I'm adding these to my Christmas tray.