1/1 Photo of Carrot Dill Velvet Soup
I found this recipe for a beautiful and tasty soup made with pureed carrots and fresh dill at allrecipes.com, and was so blown away by it's taste that I just HAD to post it here. Warm garlic bread makes the perfect accompaniment for this velvet-textured, heartwarming soup. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb carrot, sliced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 1/2 cups water or 3 1/2 cups vegetable stock or 3 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives or 2 teaspoons dried chives
- salt (optional)
- 1Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil.
- 2Add carrots, and cook just until tender.
- 3Drain, return the carrots to the pan and Set aside.
- 4Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- 5Saute onion and garlic until soft, about 5 minutes.
- 6Transfer the onion and garlic to the saucepan with the carrots, and pour in water/vegetable stock/chicken stock.
- 7Turn heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 25 minutes to blend flavors.
- 8Puree the carrot mixture in a food processor or blender, in small batches if necessary.
- 9Return to the saucepan, and stir in the milk, dill and chives.
- 10Cook just until heated through, and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot Dill Velvet Soup
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 76.8
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 4.2 mg
- Sodium 71.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 2.0 g