I found this recipe for a beautiful and tasty soup made with pureed carrots and fresh dill at allrecipes.com, and was so blown away by it's taste that I just HAD to post it here. Warm garlic bread makes the perfect accompaniment for this velvet-textured, heartwarming soup. Enjoy!
- 1 lb carrot, sliced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 1⁄2 cups water or 3 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock or 3 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives or 2 teaspoons dried chives
- salt (optional)
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil.
- Add carrots, and cook just until tender.
- Drain, return the carrots to the pan and Set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Saute onion and garlic until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the onion and garlic to the saucepan with the carrots, and pour in water/vegetable stock/chicken stock.
- Turn heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 25 minutes to blend flavors.
- Puree the carrot mixture in a food processor or blender, in small batches if necessary.
- Return to the saucepan, and stir in the milk, dill and chives.
- Cook just until heated through, and serve immediately.
Made this tonight for myself and my 9 year old daughter. We loved it! It was a beautiful bright orange color and full of flavor. I am always looking for low cal meals. Thanks for posting this yummy soup.
I really enjoyed the flavor of this soup. It was very easy to prepare I used vegetable stock. I love onions & garlic with carrots I did not have any chives. Thanks for posting Anu
I'm sorry, Anu. This one just didn't do it. I didn't like the taste of it at all.