Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
A good meatless dish. I got this from an old recipe pamphlet from I'm guessing the 1950's or 1960's. The cover is missing.
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon diced onion
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 cup cooked mashed carrot
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- In a bowl mix rice and carrots, then add the egg and the milk. Add onion and parsley.
- Form into cakes and roll in the bread crumbs.
- Use the oil to grease a baking dish and bake at 425º, turning once, for 15-20 minutes. Or put the oil in a frying pan and fry them until lightly browned on both sides.
Mom used to make a similar recipe-called it carrot burgers. This one is very close to that lost recipe. The only thing I added was a little salt, since my carrots were cooked without it. I love this recipe!!!!!