Recipe by chia
this is adapted from madhur jaffrey's recipe
Top Review by JustJanS
A lovely simple dish we ate along with a chicken curry last night. There was just a nice bite to it, and the coconut milk (I used light) gave it a lovely creamy finish. If the chicken curry hadn't had coriander leaves over it, I think I would have sprinkled a few over this. Too good to keep just for curries though-I am going to have this alongside a chicken breast or a steak soon.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 5 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 hot green chili pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 lb carrot, cut into 1/4 " rounds
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup coconut milk, well mixed
- 10 curry leaves (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- in a medium saucepan heat oil over medium heat.
- add shallots and chile, cook stirring for 2 minutes.
- add carrots, spices and curry leaves and cook another 3-4 minutes.
- add coconut milk and bring to a simmer.
- cover, reduce heat to low, and cook 20-25 minutes until carrots are tender.