Carrot Cupcakes With Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners or coat with cooking spray.
- Whisk together pastry four, all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together oil, brown sugar, and eggs. Whisk in the applesauce and vanilla extract. Stir in the grated carrots.
- Add the flour mixture to the carrot mixture and stir just until incorporated.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups. Bake for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a cupcake comes out clean. Allow cupcakes to cook in the tin for five minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Make frosting by using an electric mixer to beat cream cheese, maple syrup, and maple extract until smooth. Once cupcakes are cooled completely, frost!