Recipe by ReLiveLY
I can't remember where this came from. They are quite tasty though and a bit healthier than carrot cake. If you're not a fan of cinnamon, you might reduce the amount to your taste. Times are approximate as I have small kids and everything seems to take longer for me.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup softened cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In bowl mix flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
- In another bowl beat oil and sugar for 1 minute. add egg and apple sauce and beat for another 30 seconds on low.
- Add flour mixture to wet mixture and beat until moist.
- Stir in carrots and raisins (if using).
- Spoon into greased muffin cups or use foil or paper liners.
- Frosting - beat all ingredients together and spread on cooled cupcakes.