Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
You can make this dip up to 2 days ahead. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Remove from fridge 15 minutes before serving to bring to room temperature. Serve with toasted pita wedges.
- 2 1⁄4 lbs carrots, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- pita bread, to serve
- Cook the carrot in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Place the carrot, oil, cumin and garlic in the bowl of a food processor, and process until smooth.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with pita.