Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Try this with steamed or roasted asparagus or with a mixed veggie platter!
Make and share this Carrot-Cucumber Raita Dipping Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, peeled & shredded with peeler, then minced
- 2 pinches ground cumin
- 1 pinch ground coriander
- 1 pinch cayenne (Very small, not overpowering)
- Combine all ingredients.
- Taste and adjust for salt.
- Let chill covered with plastic wrap for several (2- 6) hours.
This is awesome in the summer. I enjoyed a bowl of this this afternoon. The only substitute I used was red chilli powder instead of the cayenne powder. This went wonderful with a hot spicy curry and rice. I garnished this with 3 fresh mint leaves and a tbsp. of fresh corriander leaves. Thank you for sharing!
This was good with our curries and rice last night, and a nice change from our tomato-cucumber dishes we ususally serve. Good with the mint and coriander as Charishma suggested.
This was really good. I was out of cumin, but it was still delicious. Can't wait to make it again the right way. Thank you.