Recipe by BeckyF
OK..ok, I know we shouldn't fry anything these days, but a lovely older lady I know swears it won't kill us..and it's really cute to serve
- 4 cups cooked carrots
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash or press carrots through a course sieve.
- Add salt, nutmeg, egg and butter and mix thoroughly.
- Form into shapes resembling carrots, roll in bread crumbs and chill for several hours Fry in hot deep oil until browned.
- Drain on absorbent paper, tuck in a sprig of parsley in top and serve at once.