Recipe by Diana #2
I've been trying all kinds of different recipes for carrot salad, and just haven't found the right one yet. So....I decided to stop dorking around, and create one myself. It's taken a few attempts ;) but I finally found the right combinations, at least for me. The dressing is not as sweet as some, allowing the flavours to show through more. I hope you enjoy it too. Note: Cooking time is chilling time.
Top Review by Sarah_Jayne
This was a really nice change from the shredded carrot salads that I normally eat. I used fat free mayo because I can't get miracle whip in the UK (for a short glorious period we could and then it vanished). I was fine with the level of lime juice and the more I ate the better all the tastes combined to make for a very nice side to lunch. Made for Oz/NZ tag.
- 1⁄4 cup Miracle Whip (salad dressing)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed, rubbed to release more flavour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) bag carrots, matchstick cut
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries, loosely packed
- 1 green onion, sliced