Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Kathleen Daelemans of the Food Network Serve with pork, turkey or chicken
- 1 (12 ounce) bag cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 5 ounces carrots, grated (1 to 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon thyme, chopped
- Place cranberries, carrots, apple, brown sugar, orange juice, and chicken broth in a 2 Quart saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Immediately reduce heat to a simmer and cook until cranberries have popped and carrots are tender ( 7-8 minutes).
- Add thyme and cook 1 minute more. Serve warm or cold.