Recipe by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
From The Gadsden Times online edition -- Mary Lucile Jordan's Wednesday Column, December 19, 2007 -- Ms. Jordan is the County Extension Coordinator of the Etowah County office of the Alabama Cooperative Extension System. NOTE: One (1) hour chill time is the cook time!
Top Review by FloridaNative
We absolutely LOVED this ~ I must admit, I used pecans instead of walnuts (personal preference) but it certainly did not detract from the light fresh flavor. A new family favorite, especially for DH who loves his carrot salad :) Thanks KuW ~ made for PAC FALL 2009!
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 4 cups carrots (shredded)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak cranberries in very warm water for 30 minutes ~ drain well.
- Lightly toast walnuts in a nonstick saute pan over medium heat, stirring until they begin to color and the aroma becomes apparent. Immediately remove from the pan ~ set aside ~ TO BE ADDED JUST BEFORE SERVING!
- In a large bowl, combine carrots and olive oil ~ toss lightly to coat. Add remaining ingredients (EXCEPT WALNUTS)and mix well.
- Chill at least 1 hour.
- Add toasted walnuts just before serving.
- Makes 6 servings.