Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a quick, easy salad. A bit of a twist on the normal carrot-raisin salad usually made with mayo.
- 1 cup craisins, dried,sweetened cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 -2 tablespoon honey
- grated lemon, zest of
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 -2 teaspoon peeled, grated fresh ginger
- 4 cups peeled, grated carrots
- In a small bowl, cover Craisins with hot water and set aside.
- In medium sized bowl, mix yogurt, honey, lemon zest, lemon juice and ginger Add carrots.
- Drain Craisins and add.
- Stir to combine.
Nice one, though I added some walnuts and salted peanuts and also some raisins as well to this.
This is so good. I just made it for dinner, and I don't think there will be any left. I halved the recipe as we are having another couple of salads, and I love dried fruit dry, so I didn't soak the craisins. Next time I make a curry, I am going to serve this as a change from my normal side dishes.
I really liked this salad a lot...it's almost like a dessert! I used only one tb. of honey, and I think it might have been too sweet if I'd used more. I used the full amount of ginger, and I added extra lemon juice. Thanks for sharing this; I know I'll be making it again.