1/2 Photos of Carrot Cornbread (Vegan)
1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Sydney Mike's Note:
Along with its regular counterpart, this vegan recipe was found in As You Like It Cookbook, 2001. Preparation time does not include time needed for the finished loaf to cool to room temperature.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, then oil & flour a 10"x6" loaf pan.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt & flax meal.
- 3In another mixing bowl, combine the water, soy milk, maple syrup, oil & vanilla, mixing well, before stirring in the carrots.
- 4Add the cornmeal mixture to the liquid ingredients, mixing well with a wooden spoon.
- 5Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan & bake for 1 hour & 15 minutes, or just until a wooden tootpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- 6Allow to sit in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove the loaf by inverting the pan onto a wire rack.
- 7Turn the loaf right side up & let it cool to room temperature before slicing & serving.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot Cornbread (Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.9
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 154.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 3.7 g