Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
Carrot and coriander soup with a lentilly twist. Prepared in a pressure cooker but if you don't have one, I'd say it'd work in a normal saucepan if you cooked it for longer.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 small potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 8 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 celery ribs, including leaves, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 inches ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon dried coriander
- 1 cup red lentil
- 1 1⁄2 lt boiling water
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- Heat oil in pressure cooker. Add onion and soften.
- Add garlic, ginger and ground corainder. Cook for a minute.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Bring to boil and lock lid in place.
- Cook for 6 minutes.
- Release pressure.
- Blend until quite smooth.
- Check seasoning and garnish with fresh coriander.