Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
My mom e-mailed me this recipe last Christmas. It's wonderful for Wintertime and a seriously great adult cookie. Make sure your butter is at room temperature!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter, at room-temperature
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup peeled and grate carrot
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (I like to use a mix of purple and white)
- Preheat oven 325, grease 2 baking sheets.
- (or use silpat).
- Combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda, and spices.
- Beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in carrots, nuts, and raisins.
- Drop generous tablespoons of batter onto baking sheets.
- bake until edges are lightly browned, 20-25 min.