Recipe by internetnut
This came from Columbia's Second Century Cookbook. I haven't tried this, just posting for safe keeping.
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup oleo (margarine, may use 2 sticks)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 7 1⁄2 ounces carrot baby food
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1⁄4 cup orange glaze
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 2 -3 cups confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Carrot Cookies:.
- Stir together flour and baking powder; set aside.
- In large saucepan, melt oleo. Remove from heat. Stir in sugar, eggs, carrots and extracts. Mix until smooth, soft dough. Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 3 days before baking. Drop by rounded teaspoon 2"-inches apart on greased sheets. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes or until slightly browned and edges browned. Cool for 1 minute on sheets and remove to racks set over waxed paper. While still warm, glaze each with 1/2 teaspoon Orange Glaze.
- Orange Glaze: In medium bowl, combine orange juice and grated orange peel. Stir in confectioners sugar until thick and smooth. Makes 1 cup.