Recipe by nleewebb
Best Carrot Cookies EVER! Kids won''t know they are Carrot Cookies because the orange is the dominant flavor. Soooo good!
- 1 cup carrot, peel and thinly sliced. Cover and cook in microwave for 3 minutes, place in blender &, puree
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄2 cups sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1 orange, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar, more if you like a stiffer icing
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream shortening, soft butter and sugar.
- Add egg and pureed carrots. Beat well.
- Add orange juice and orange peel.
- Sift dry ingredients and add as mixer on low speed.
- Add nuts.
- Can cover and refrigerate before baking.
- Drop by teaspoon on greased baking sheet. Bake at 375 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Place cookie sheet on cooling rack for 5 minutes.
- Remove cookies to another cooling rack, until cool to touch.
- Make icing from remaining orange juice, rind and confectioners sugar. I like to 'glaze' cookies, rather than 'ice' them. Let sit on drying rack for 1 hour. Place in covered container to store.