1/1 Photo of Carrot Cookies
Best Carrot Cookies EVER! Kids won''t know they are Carrot Cookies because the orange is the dominant flavor. Soooo good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup carrot, peel and thinly sliced. Cover and cook in microwave for 3 minutes, place in blender &, puree
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cups sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1 orange, juice of
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, more if you like a stiffer icing
- 1Cream shortening, soft butter and sugar.
- 2Add egg and pureed carrots. Beat well.
- 3Add orange juice and orange peel.
- 4Sift dry ingredients and add as mixer on low speed.
- 5Add nuts.
- 6Can cover and refrigerate before baking.
- 7Drop by teaspoon on greased baking sheet. Bake at 375 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- 8Place cookie sheet on cooling rack for 5 minutes.
- 9Remove cookies to another cooling rack, until cool to touch.
- 10Make icing from remaining orange juice, rind and confectioners sugar. I like to 'glaze' cookies, rather than 'ice' them. Let sit on drying rack for 1 hour. Place in covered container to store.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (32 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 106.8
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 11.9 mg
- Sodium 79.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of