Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from a Food Editor in Florida. The book is called "Cookies" Food Writer's Favorites.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats, uncooked
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup shredded carrot (not too finely)
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until well mixed.
- Add eggs; mix well.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; add to butter mixture and mix well.
- Stir in oats, raisins, carrots and nuts.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly.
- Bake in a preheated 350° degree oven 25 to 30 minutes, or until done.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool.
This looks great,very appropriate for kids & adults alike!