Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is an old fashioned recipe...Really good taste..
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups rolled oats, uncooked
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until well mixed.
- Add eggs, mix well.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; add to butter mixture and mix well.
- Stir in oats, raisins, carrots and nuts.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten slightly.
- Bake in a preheated 350* oven for 25-30 minutes or until done.
- Transfer to racks to cool completely.
I just baked a double batch of these cookies. It made 5 dozen large cookies. I baked them for 20minutes and the turned out perfect. thanks
Very yummy! Crunchy but pliable, of course very similar to oatmeal cookies but the carrot adds an interesting texture as well as lots of nutrition. I thought 25-30 minutes at 350 looked too long; mine were thoroughly done between 15 and 17 minutes. Thanks, grandma, I'll definitely make these again!